Rachel Seay is the owner of Inner-Fit Studios and she believes whole-heartidly in the value of health and exercise; regardless of age or weight.
Rachel began her career in the fitness industry in her early 20's after struggling with being over-weight as a child and teenager. When she was only 14 years old she weighed over 230 lbs. Being over-weight as a child helped her understand the burden extra pounds can place on a person. "It consumes your thoughts in a negative way everyday."
View Rachel in the BCRPA Update Newsletter
Her goals with her clients are to help them understand that health starts from the inside and works its way to the outside. "Losing inches or pounds on a scale should be the by-prodcut of learning how to make changes in your eating habits and understanding how to exercise properly through resistance training and cardio activites. I want my clients to feel good about themselves first, not worry about the scale." She loves to show her clients fun and challenging workouts.
Today, she is 30 years old and has been actively involved in the fitness industry for the past 11 years as a runner, aerobics instructor and personal trainer.
"I love to work with people who are new to exercise, regardless of their age and weight because it is an opportunity for me to share my love for fitness in the hopes that my clients will see and feel the differences being active makes. Activities like resistance or weight-training can be intimidating for anyone who has never done it before but I will show you how to work the muscles in your body the right way and you will notice differences within weeks. You don't have to be a fitness competitors, marathon runner or gym junkie to enjoy fitness or exercising; you just have to make the effort each day to be a little more active such as going for a walk or joining a fitness class."
Rachel has earned the following certifications with the BCRPA, Can Fit Pro, ACE (currently completing) and Indoor Cycling. She teaches everything from indoor cycling to step aerobics and anything in between. As her interest in the fitness industry grew so did her desire to learn as much as she could which took her to Langara College to complete the Exericse Science Kinesiolgy Diploma Program and then transfered to the University of British Columbia and is currently completing her Human Kinetics/Exercise Science Degree.
Rachel has written and published 2 education instructor books and has hosted numerous accredited BCRPA workshops for the fitness professionals of BC through her company Guava Fitness as well as present and certifies fitness professionals in Indoor Cycling.
As hobbies Rachel loves running marathons, being active in the great outdoors, being near the water for any kind of activity, training clients for bodybuilding shows, participating in fun fitness events with her friends like the 24 hour relay, being with her fitness crew and playing tennis with her family.
Inner Fit Studios also works hard to raise money each year for the Easter Seals 24 Hour Relay to send childrent to the easter seals camp.
Qualifications and Specializations
Rachel Seay | Create Your Badge
- First Aid and CPR (full liability coverage) (www.lifeconsultants.ca)
- Diploma Langara College-Human Performance/Exercise Science
- 4th Year UBC Kinesiology Student major in Health and Fitness
- ACE Weight-Loss Consultant Specialist
- ACE Special Populations (www.acefitness.org)
- Pre and Post Natal Specialist Certifiation
- ACE Personal Trainer (currentley completing exam)
- BCRPA Group Fitness Leader (www.bcrpa.bc.ca)
- Can Fit Pro Group Fitness Leader (www.canfitpro.com)
- 15,000 + Hours of Fitness Leader Experience
- Fit Ball Stability Ball Training Instructor
- Keiser (Power Pacing) Indoor Cycling Certification
- 2002 Victoria Marathon Finisher
- Indoor Cycling and Step Fitness Presenter (www.guavafitness.com)
- Published several fitness and health articles (www.myfitnessarticles.com)
- Educator for the BCRPA's Fitness professionals
- YogaFit Level One Certified
- Other areas of interest: athletic training, bodybuilding and fitness and figure athletes